Asking the best sales questions can help you to get them most out of your meetings and interactions with target prospects. And since the time with prospects is both limited and valuable, making those as productive as they can be can be the difference between failure and success. Here are some tips to help get the right sales questions into your sales script.
Questions to Build Rapport
In order to be successful, it is critical to build rapport with sales prospects. And there are some simple questions that can be asked to take minor steps forward in this area.
One thing to remember is that your target prospects will usually be busy. If you can show your prospects that you are aware of this and that you respect this, there can be an immediate spike in the level of rapport. Here are a few questions to help with this:
- Have I caught you in the middle of anything?
- Do you have a moment?
- Are you still good for this meeting?
- Do you have a hard stop for this meeting?
Questions to Find Pain
Finding pain will help to drive lead generation. Here are some of the best sales questions to help uncover pain:
- How do you feel about the level of service from your current provider on a scale from one to ten?
- Do you mind if I ask why you gave that rating? What would it take to get you to a 10?
- If you could change one thing, what would that be?
- What is your level of interest in improving this area?
Questions to Qualify
Time is limited so it is critical to make sure that you are spending your valuable time with the right prospects. One way to separate the prospects from suspects is to ask some very direct questions to qualify the prospect. Here are some of the best sales questions that can help to qualify:
- What is the impact if you do not change anything?
- Is there a date when you need to make this purchase by?
- Why does it make sense to make this purchase now?
- Is this project budgeted?
- What is the decision making process?
- Who is the ultimate decision maker?
- What other options are you considering?
- How do you feel about those other options?
- How far along are you with discussions with those other options?
Questions to Manage the Sales Cycle
Managing sales cycles can sometimes be more of an art than science. Although, there are some key sales questions that can be answered to give you the information you need to be more effective at managing deals through the sales cycle.
Those are some of the best sales questions to ask to improve sales results and lead generation.
Launch Pad Solutions provides web-based sales training helping sales pros to incorporate the best sales questions.
|This article was published on Saturday 23 June, 2012.|
|Back to main topic: Sales Training
Know Your Competition to Increase Sales
Collecting Information is Key to Increasing Sales
Analysis of a Telecom Purchase to Improve Sales Performance
The Value of Cold Call Training
Four Benefits of Cold Call Training
Using Sales Role-Play to Improve Sales Performance
Six Tips to Improve Selling
Sales Role-Play is a Key to Success
Four Tips for Performing Sales Research
Is learning sales possible?
|Current Reviews: 0|