Sales and marketing professional with 12 plus years experience working in all areas of the IT industry – software, hardware, and services. Solid business acumen from experience gained selling business improvement solutions into functional departments of finance, operations, HR, and IT. Experience is complemented by a strong educational background enabling effective communication of business value to senior executives. An individual that has always been in a hunting role and knows how to persevere until success is achieved. Sales revenue, customer relations, the bottom line, and team chemistry improve when this individual is part of an organization.
Launch Pad Solutions, LLC. – Founder and Managing Director 2009 – Present
• Launch Pad Solutions, LLC provides services and solutions to help companies to take off.
• Sales consulting: Helping organizations to identify where they are today and explore where improvements can be made to drive positive results. Areas of focus can be strategy, processes, and messaging.
• Sales training: Customized training programs helping sales organizations to get where the need to be to operate at an optimum level.
• Sales coaching: ICF (International Coaching Federation) training and methodologies are utilized to work with front-line sales staff to ensure that sales performance is maximized.
• Sales outsourcing: Sales outsourcing services allowing organization to outsource cold calling and sales activities helping to augment its existing sales force to drive positive sales results.
Ceridian Corporation – Sales Consultant 2010 – 2010
• Responsible for selling a portfolio of human capital management services to new clients in the mid market.
• Services were sold under the Software-as-a-Service model and include HR, payroll, recruiting, performance management, tax processing, and benefits administration.
• Sold primarily at the C-Level and effectively have established new executive level relationships and a robust pipeline.
Kronos, Inc. – Account Executive 2007 – 2009
• Enterprise application sales of workforce management software.
• Effectively took a neglected territory and revived existing client relations, built a true 3x pipeline, built new business with one net new account per quarter on average, and expanded and upgraded existing install.
• Sold to C and VP levels of operations, finance, accounting, and human resources in the oil and gas, chemical, manufacturing, retail, local government, education and healthcare verticals.
BMC Software, Inc. – Account Manager 2004 – 2007
• Responsible for selling Distributed Systems Management software, including Infrastructure & Application Monitoring, Database Backup & Recovery, Transaction Management, Capacity Planning, Virtualization, and Business Service Management solutions.
• Successfully established new accounts while growing and maintaining existing installation customers.
• Sold to primarily to Vice Presidents of Information Technology, IT Directors, and Operations Managers in the financial, retail, manufacturing, and healthcare industries.
Schlumberger – Product Marketing Manager 2001 –2004
• Responsible for standardizing, improving, and marketing a portfolio of IT outsourcing services.
• Achieved commercialization through development of product lines, pricing structures, cost models, ROI models, marketing collateral, service documentation, webinars, road-show workshops, press releases, marketing flash demos, pricing programs, etc.
• Gained strong international experience from global responsibilities and traveling to all parts of the world (India, Malaysia, United Arab Emirates, Sweden, France, Germany, UK, Canada, Mexico, Chile, etc.).
• Authored and cited in industry publications – IT Support News and Oilfield Review.
Hewlett-Packard (Formerly Compaq Computer Corporation) – Sales Representative 1998 –2001
• Responsible for driving sales revenue and maximizing customer satisfaction for an assigned territory in the government, education, and medical verticals.
University of Texas at Dallas, School of Management
• Master of Administrative Science, Organizational Behavior, August 2011
University of Texas at Dallas, School of Management
• Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching, May 2008
University of Houston, C.T. Bauer College of Business
• Master of Business Administration, Management, May 2007
Stephen F. Austin State University
• Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing, December 1998
ICF ACC Credential – International Coaching Federation Associate Coaching Certification
ITIL Foundation Certification – April 7, 2006
Ovation Sales Training
Conceptual Selling – Miller Heiman
Strategic Selling – Miller Heiman
The Profit Specialist – Aarthun Performance Group, LTD
S.P.I.N Selling – Huthwaite
Sandler Sales Methodology – Sandler Sales Institute
Getting to Yes – by Roger Fisher
Selling ASAP – Dr. Eli Jones
Selling to Big Companies – Jill Konrath
Holden Sales Methodology – Holden International
Let’s Get Real or Let’s Not Play – Mahan Khalsa
American Marketing Association Technology Special Interest Group Committee Member
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Houston Committee Member and Mentor
|This article was published on Thursday 05 November, 2009.|
|Back to main topic: Staff
Michael Halper – Why Coaching
Michael Halper – Transformation
Michael Halper – Areas of Expertise
Michael Halper – Credentials
|Current Reviews: 0|