Many businesses and sales people are looking for a way to create more b to b leads. The good news is that there are clear things that you can do to drive results in this area. The bad news is that none of these tactics will be a quick fix, but investing time and energy in any of them will likely deliver results over time.
One of the most effective ways to produce prospect leads is to invest time in professional networking. Professional networking involves meeting new people and expanding your professional network and this typically is facilitated or accelerated through attending and getting involved in different events and activities.
To make networking work for you to generate leads, there are clear things to do and not:
- Don’t try to sell your products while networking as this can turn people off
- Instead of selling, focus on learning about the people you meet and try to find ways to help them
- Don’t solely look for prospects and judge a book by its cover
- Instead, look for connections that can be made because contacts could either be prospects or referral partners
- Don’t try to talk about everything when you meet at an event
- Instead, try to work toward one-on-one meetings at another date where you have more time to talk about both them and you
Using the phone to generate b to b leads has always been an option. Some people debate whether cold calling works or not and the reality is that it is not easy and has many challenges, but it is one way to connect with prospects and there are some clear things that can be done to improve effectiveness.
- Confirm the prospect is available for your call to build rapport
- Use a cold call script or call outline of some sort
- Qualify the prospect to make sure they are a fit to decrease their guard
- Use tactics to uncover pain to get the prospect’s attention and drive lead gen
Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the most powerful ways to drive b to b leads because you can reach such a large audience of prospects when done correctly. SEO is essentially doing things with your website so that search engines know who you and send web traffic to you.
SEO is powerful but it can take time to get going. One option for b to b leads that does not take as much time is pay-per-click advertising (PPC). This is placing targeted adds on the internet to get traffic routed to your website.
The way PPC works is that you can go to search engines and social media platforms and open ad accounts. From there you determine who you want to see your ads and you can determine how much you want to pay for traffic that comes to your site per click. the good thing about pay-per-click is that you only pay for the traffic that you get so you can easily budget how much you want to spend.
Launch Pad Solutions provides lead generation services helping businesses to increase b to b leads.